5 Minute DIY Wooden Keychains

This post might contain affiliate links. If you click the link and make a purchase, Lemon Jitters will get a tiny commission. This helps me buy craft supplies and bring you more free tutorials! All opinions are 100% my own.

Ooh, I love these little keychains! Good thing they are perfect for gifts because you will definitely want to make several. Let's get started.

Supplies:
wooden circleswood veneer banners (these are my favorite!), wood veneer assorted (here's another favorite), acrylic paint, Mod Podge Matte, paintbrush, painter's or washi tape, Crop-A-Dile Punch, key rings

Just an FYI - the Crop-A-Dile punch is a little more expensive than basic craft supplies. But I haven't regretted this purchase once. I use it all the time - way more than I ever thought I would. So I highly recommend this as one of my fave supplies!

Also, I'll be posting other tutorials later this week with ideas for the wood veneer scrapbooking embellishments. I'm obsessed with keeping lots of these around because they add instant cuteness to any project - so versatile.

Step 1: Paint your wooden shapes. You'll want to have a circle as your base and other wood veneer embellishments on top. Use your washi/painter's tape to create color blocked pieces. I also did a wobbly plaid pattern and a splotchy dot pattern. This project is so great because you can customize the colors any way you want - the wood is a blank slate!

I didn't use a lot of paint so the pieces dried super quickly. By the time I was done painting a few, the first ones were dry.

Step 2: After the paint is completely dry, brush a light coat of Mod Podge over the paint to seal it in. A light coat is all you need and that way it will dry very quickly.
Step 3: Use the smallest Crop-A-Dile punch setting to create holes at the top of your shapes. Don't get too close to the top but you want to be pretty close so it all easily fits on the key ring.

Step 4: Have fun mixing and matching your pieces and put them on the key rings. Voila! You're done.
Forewarning - you may become addicted to making these! They are so easy and quick but also sturdy.

What color/pattern combos would you do for this project?

Jasmine Thompson November 8, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I very much agree with your comments. Your article is great. It helps me to know many things that previously I did not pay any attention to. Ask permission to share:
Run 2 - Run 2 unblocked - Run 2

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:26 AM

You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.

baixar banana kong , banana kong , download banana kong , banana kong download , banana kong

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:26 AM

Life becomes more interesting and wonderful when you share your memorable moments with friends and family through unique photographs. You can create your own unique style impressed with image editing software. And after hours of work stress you can also
dr driving, dr driving baixar ,download dr driving, dr driving

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:27 AM

tank trouble, tank trouble 2, tank trouble games, tank trouble

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:28 AM

Your article helped me together multiple views on the matter. In life there are a lot of the stress and fatigue, you just visit my website or games and apps for your phone

clash royale game, clash royale apk , download clash royale , clash royale

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:29 AM

Thanks I have read your article, it is very interesting and exciting
download go launcher, go launcher apk, go launcher , go launcher androi,

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:34 AM

Mostly people have all the same things when they are writing academic task or any other writing, especially light music most people like during the writing.
dream league soccer download , dream league soccer apk , download dream league soccer , dream league soccer

94 hằng January 3, 2017 at 1:34 AM

subway surf , baixar subway surf, subway surf download , download subway surf