Halloween Treats: Spider Infested Pie & Mushroom Mallows

You can probably tell that I think Halloween is a super fun holiday (as evidenced by my Instagram feed). For our work party, I made these mushroom marshmallow treats. I got the idea from The Mucky Macbook and it was a huge hit! Everyone loved them and they now think I am so talented I should run for president. Ha.

Instead of putting the mushrooms in cake, I recycled a cracker box, covered it in woodgrain contact paper and voila! Easy peasy.

I also made Hershey's Chocolate Mousse Pie, which was a massive success. I've never made this before and it was still delicious. It's really rich but everyone loved it. I am not a cook and if I ever get compliments on food, it's about the presentation. But this time I actually overheard someone saying, "Have you tried the chocolate pie? It's to die for!" Cue my head inflating to an obnoxious size.

To make the pie more holiday-appropriate, I put a few chocolate chips on top, face down. Then I melted a few chips in the microwave and used the melted chocolate to create spider legs around the chips (a toothpick helped with this). I also crumbled chocolate cookies on top to simulate dirt. Boom. Spider-infested pie.

Did you make any special Halloween treats?

Angela @ Life in Velvet November 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Really cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

voyance gratuite par mail November 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write a little comment to support you.

Happy Diwali September 27, 2016 at 2:10 AM

The best and glorious collection of Happy Diwali 2016 Greetings wishes, cards, images, quotes to make your Diwali remarkable this year. Happy Diwali 2016 Greetings that can be sent through SMS to your near and dear ones.

Ram Kumar September 27, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Happy Diwali Greetings Wishes are makes people’s hearts happy and people. Get Best Happy Diwali Greetings wishes, quotes for social media..

Sanju Sharma October 2, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Faiz Israili October 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM

You have proved extreamly useful information, which inspire me to enjoy the new year known as happy diwali 2016 sms

Ajay Kumar October 13, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Diwali is a festival of lightning which was introduced when Lord Rama came back to Ayodhya after their 14 years of Vanvas after defeating the cruel and egoistic Raavan

Joy Khanna October 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Deepawali, the Indian festival which is celebrated by Indian people on Kartika Amavasya night. Indian people prays Lakshmi – the goddess of fertility, prosperity, and wealth and try to make her happy on this night.

Happy Diwali Sms For Friends 2016

Happy Diwali tp all of you

vinoth R October 17, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Happy Diwali 2016 brings Joy and Happiness in your life. Diwali is one of the special festival which is celebrated by all age groups and religions people, especially the children, but our friends and family members.

Happy Diwali Wishes 2016

Happy Diwali Wallpaper free download

Diwali Wishes October 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Really just awesome ideas, thanks for share keep it up, Thank you at mean time you can visit my Diwali Wishes blog