Photoshop Tip: How to Show Background Through Text
crafty giveaway post). Keep reading to see how easy it is! Photoshop knowledge required: how to add a shape and use the text tool.
2. Add an interesting shape with a punch of color!
3. If you used the shape function, rasterize your shape by right-clicking the layer in the layers menu. Select 'rasterize type.'
4. Select the horizontal type mask tool from the left-hand tools menu.
4. This is what the screen will look like while you are typing text. Position your text where you want it.
6. To set the text mask, click the shape layer.
7. While on the same layer, click delete on your keyboard. Voila! You can now see your background through the shape.
You can see in my final images that I played around with the effect to spice it up a bit. See what you can come up with!
Leave any questions in the comments section and if you want a quote for a personal Photoshop session via Skype, send me an email!