DIY: Rolling Pin Holder

A few months ago, I was looking for a rolling pin. A simple wooden rolling pin would suffice. But then I saw this adorable one at Anthropologie. And on clearance! After the rolling pin search ended in such cuteness, I couldn't just put the rolling pin in a drawer. I decided to come up with a way to display the pin that allows easy access.

Supplies: wooden plaque in the length you need, paint, paintbrush, two hooks, a hanging hook
You may already know this tip, but I sometimes browse the little clearance paint section of hardware stores. They sell really discounted paint that was mixed to the wrong color. I found this minty green for .50 cents!
These hooks were actually attached to wooden blocks but I got them on clearance and just removed the hook from the block. I also bent the hooks out so they are almost flat, which works with the bulk of the rolling pin.

If you take a few steps back, you can see what's really going on in my kitchen. Ha! I just shoved everything over to one side. That's real life. ;)

Christine February 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM

That is beautiful, I'm inspired to give it a go and make a display for my vintage ceramic rolling pin which currently languishes in a drawer

Quinn February 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

That really looks nice! I also like to arrange tools in plain sight, so I can enjoy them even when not in use.

Tecrin February 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I have a really, painfully bright pink rolling pin that I would love to put on some form of display. If only I had the wallspace in my kitchen!

photosarah February 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I also have a gorgeous Anthropologie rolling pin. This is a great unique idea!

Rachel February 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Aww, that's super cute! Someday I will have a pretty rolling pin, and I will make it a display like yours.

Erica February 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Oh, I've been eyeing those pretty rolling pins at Anthropologie too! I just couldn't justify buying something so pretty that I'd have to keep tucked away in a drawer. This is the perfect solution to that. Display it as art! :)

Erica February 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Oh, quick question do you like the actual rolling pin? Just wanted to see if is functional in addition to being pretty? I might just have to break down and get one too.

Katie (Lemon Jitters) February 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM

@Erica - I haven't actually used the rolling pin on dough. It rolls fine on the counter but parts of the design are a little raised so I wonder if it will be completely smooth when rolling dough or if it will leave little design imprints. I got it on clearance so it was cheaper than the one Target had. That's how I justified it, anyway. :)

Erica February 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Thanks for the details, Katie. That rolling pin was definitely too pretty to pass up. I've got my eye on another one for when it (hopefully) goes on sale too. :)