DIY: Travel Tin Soap

I'm kind of pumped about this project. It is really easy but produces hugely satisfying results. I made mint and lavender travel soaps. Perfect for traveling or for gifts! Read on to see the how-to.
Supplies: Goat Milk soap base (or any soap base), tins with lids, soap dye and essential oils (plus any other goodies you want to throw in - like lavender pieces)

The supplies for this are such a good value for the amount of product you can make. I cut five squares of soap, which nicely filled the three tins. After you cut your squares off, microwave them for about 30 seconds (just follow the easy instructions). Add your dye, essential oils, etc and you are done! Let it dry for a couple of hours. It really is that easy.

Goat milk soap does smell a tad strange unless you use a lot of essential oil. I mean, it is what it is. Not bad. I chose it for it's moisturizing properties. For the lavender soap, I just used purple dye and real lavender. I'm surprised at how nicely it smells even though I didn't use an essential oil.

Isn't this crazy easy? I'm pretty excited about the end result.

*Some of the product used in this project was given to me in conjunction with another blogging gig I have with Crafts Unleashed. However, I am not obligated to use/promote this product here. I just really like it!

Quinn January 23, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Cute idea! I wonder about the smell you mentioned...I have bought goat milk soaps from several different soapmakers, and my very favorite is an unscented one. it has no fragrance at all added, but smells so lovely it makes you want to taste it!

CraftLee January 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hey what a nice idea ! Love your photographs too! STYLIN' girlie !! x

Siubhan x

Katie (Lemon Jitters) January 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Thanks @Siubhan! @Quinn - I have smelled other goat milk soaps that I really liked! I wonder if it just this one. Or the way it interacted with the dye? I'm not sure...

Taylor Laree January 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I've been wondering how to make homemade soap! Thanks for this. :)

Flounces and Hubbub

Jocie@TheBetterHalf February 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

So pretty and what a great gift idea. Your blog is absolutely beautiful too! :)
Would love if you came and linked up with us at the Humble Brag. We give away free ad space every week!

Katie (Lemon Jitters) February 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

@Jocie - thank you for stopping by!

Mistie February 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Great idea! How do you get them out of the tin to use though?

Katie (Lemon Jitters) February 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Thanks @Mistie! You use them in the tin. Just wet your sponge/cloth and rub it on the soap.

Omar Faruq March 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Body soap is essentail for our body and we can clean our body by soap.To get more body soap. visit: http://www.vegantreeowl.com.au

Omar Faruq April 13, 2013 at 4:40 AM

what do you want remove dryness or darkness.Don't worry, Our company give you a great offer. within few days remove your dryness, darkness or skin spot .please communicate with us.http://www.vegantreeowl.com.au

Lauren,  November 2, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Really love this idea! Perfect for presents now that Christmas is coming up :)
One question though: How are you supposed to get the soap out of the tin again? Does it just fall out? Is it supposed to stay in there? I have never worked with soap before, sorry if this should be obvious :D

Katie (Lemon Jitters),  November 2, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Lauren, you just use it in the tin! Good question!