Currently Crafting: Calling Cards

For months, I've been really indecisive about my logo design and thus, I haven't ordered business cards. It's a tragedy, really. I just need to make a decision and go with it, right? Anyway, I recently had the need to have something to hand out to people, even if it wasn't a full-on business card.

You can make decent calling cards in no time. I used the standard (standard American, anyway) size - 3.5 x 2 inches. You can even find a Microsoft Word template to use for this. I just added a few quick elements of importance - blog name, tagline, web address and Twitter handle.
Cutting the cards to the right size is the most difficult part of this. I used a guillotine paper trimmer, which has a built in ruler, so that made it easier. Two strips of washi tape and one paperclip later, you have a cute calling card to use in a pinch.

chelsea October 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Super cute cards! I've been making my own business cards for a while and I'm always on the lookout for others and new ideas! I really like the paper clips, lovely touch :)

Stephanie @ henry happened October 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM

they look great, this has been a good choice!

Chrissy Sparks (Brush Dance) October 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

WOW! I make my own business cards too..using various stamps... I love the idea of using washi tape..I have been wanting to get some for quite some time, I just need to do it! haha It's one of those things that I just keep putting off. Why oh why??!

Great post! Love your creativeness!

Kim October 21, 2012 at 5:39 PM

these look fantastic, katie!

Esther October 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

These are really fun! Love how they're low-cost too!

bluebuttonpress October 23, 2012 at 11:13 PM

So cute, always on the lookout for another way to make a dent in my washi collection. Thanks for the great idea.

Allison @ dreamalittlebigger.com October 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I love this so much. I've only just gotten my first set of washi in the mail so I'm desperate to use it. Thanks for the excellent idea!

Plastic business cards April 5, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Really impressive post..all these type of cards are giving great impact of any business..!!!!!!

Charlotte October 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Thank you so much for your fantastic idea. I'm making business cards for my hoof trimming business and this is right on key for me. They will be pretty :) instead of horsey!

Anonymous,  May 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I know this is an old post, but hopefully you can still tell me what font you used for the words "get crafty". Thanks so much!

Katie (Lemon Jitters) May 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM

@Anonymous - I think I used Pea Ashley Grace from here: http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/