Currently Crafting: Lil' Book

So this story is a little nuts. I have been very slowly reorganizing my craft room. And then I want to redecorate. The point is, I have been going through every nook and cranny to get rid of junk. And I found these little notebooks that I started making almost 2 YEARS AGO. (Hoarder, much?). At the time, I didn't even have a binding machine to properly finish the notebooks so they just sat there unfinished.
So I picked my favorite and quickly finished it up. I had to let the rest of them go because I'm really working on my craft hoarding tendencies. :) I love the paper on this one so much! It's mostly from a 1970s machinist textbook. Really cool images. A few of the pages are from an old history book (thus the missile).

So tell me, am I only one who finds unfinished projects years later?

Jasmine August 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Nope ... I Definately have a few stashed away. Can't wait to move so I can sort through all Thoses unpacked boxes of junk...., not!!

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} August 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

This notebook is darling! Using textbook pages is so creative! Since I don't have a dedicated craft room, there is stuff in drawers all over my house. I need to go through everything and actually throw stuff out!

kris@thebigboat August 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I've got a needlepoint and blanket that are both 10 years old! There is about 6 inches left on the needlepoint, if I'm lucky, I'll finish it before Boy #1 graduates from college (2017)!

Sam,  August 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I have a cross stitch sampler going on 10 yrs unfinished (never will be, I hate the pattern now) and 8 yrs on a lap quilt (which WILL be done this fall!)

lexidala August 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I definitely have quite a few unfinished craft projects... I probably need a craft coach breathing down my neck and yelling at me to get going!

Anonymous,  August 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I had to laugh at the '2 year' part. I have things that I have started dating back to the 'stone age'. I think like a lot of crafters, we like to try new things and really never care if we finish most of them. Thanks for this site. D*

Teresa September 15, 2012 at 5:10 AM

I have a whole basement full of craft stuff that I need to do something with. My problem is, when I go down there, I get so overwhelmed that I can't decide what I want to do, so I end up doing nothing & coming back upstairs, getting on the laptop & looking for more crafts to do. When I get back from Vegas, I'm going to go through all that stuff & get rid of a bunch of it.

Anonymous,  October 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM

This may sound extreme, but for most of my life I started projects & never finished them. I went to a dr. a couple of years ago after reading an article & sure enough, I was diagnosed with inattentive ADD. Opposite of the hyper kind, I was extremely frustrated about getting excited about a project, but quickly losing interest and being unable to focus on completion. As I look back, I see how this affected many aspects in my life. Again, I didn't have just a couple of unfinished projects, I had many. Maybe someone out there can relate.