DIY: Glam Makeup Brush

I'm really happy with this DIY project! I think a set of fabric-covered makeup brushes (in a little travel bag!) would make a really cute gift. And you could personalize the color scheme.
Supplies: small piece of fabric or paper, mod podge (matte or gloss), scissors, paintbrush, makeup brush
I used a $1 ELF makeup brush that I got at Target. I generally use the ELF studio line of brushes and love them. But I bought this cheapie specifically for this project and to have as a backup brush. But you will need at least a semi-inexpensive brush because the first step is to remove the brush head. This cheap one practically removed itself before I got it out of the package. ;)

1. Remove the brush head.
2. Spread a layer of Mod Podge on the handle.
3. Begin rolling your handle in the fabric or paper and cut to size.
*Tip: You can cut to size first and then Mod Podge or vice versa. Either way is fine.*
4. Mod Podge the fabric down to seal it - do a thick layer on the entire handle!
5. Trim the ends of your fabric off.
6. Cover the exposed end with a little piece of fabric.
7. Seal that wacky-looking piece off with a coordinating strip of fabric. Mod Podge it all down.
8. Let dry, add a bit of Mod Podge to the tip and put the head and handle back together.
Better than new! It actually gives a stronger hold.
Voila! I would love to do a whole set with a coordinating travel case.
Or better yet, someone else do the whole set and send it to me! Hehe.

eltocadordecenicienta February 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Looks lovely, I had that same brush from Elf and I´m gonna give it a try!Do you think it will work too whiht a napkin? Cause i have a perfect one ,all hearts and differents pinks.♥

lynaeve February 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This is awesome. I wish I had seen this before christmas. I nade a brush case for my cousin, but this would have been great with it.

Linda February 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

What a fabulous idea!! I am a Mod Podge tragic and I will definitely give it a go. I will use a serviette as once I have prepared it with the Mod Podge, it will be as sturdy as paper and easy to cut and shape. Thanks for sharing!

Georgia Stewart May 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

these are beautiful and wow you are so so very creative i love this and so am going to do it thanks for sharing i appreiciate it alot :)

Casey May 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

When you clean the brush of makeup does the water effect the hold of the fabric? I don't want to make these for my sister and the fabric come off the first time she washes them.

Katie (Lemon Jitters) June 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

@Casey, I haven't had any problems with the fabric holding! Mod Podge is really strong. But I also don't soak the handle in water, either.

rohit gopal September 25, 2016 at 4:04 AM

Life long Replacement is something which you hardly find, as you Buy facebook reviews. Solitary a few great services offer up this.
buy 5 star facebook reviews

Mackey MarkP September 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM

his was actually what i was looking for, and i am glad to came here! Thank you very much
eklablog
Uporabnik
productzone
over-blog
doodlekit
blog

Giải Trí Tổng Hợp October 31, 2016 at 2:27 AM

The blog or and best that is extremely useful to keep I can share the ideas. Age Of War 2
Big Farm | Slitherio | Tank Trouble
Of the future as this is really what I was looking for, I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.
Happy Wheels | Goodgeme Empire | Slither.io

bhagyashri December 6, 2016 at 4:13 AM

The Haryana 12th 2017 will be declared on the month of May 2017 At 10 AM Haryana 12th Result 2017 Check Haryana 12th Exam Result 2017 Haryana 12th Result 2017 form here given link
The Bihar board 10 result 2017 will be declared on the month of May 2017. Bihar board 10 result 2017 Check Bihar board 10 Exam result 2017 Bihar board 10 result 2017 form here given link

priya Sharma December 6, 2016 at 4:30 AM

Here you can get all the details of AP SSC result 2017 and also check out UP Board 12th Result 2017

Pk Sharma December 7, 2016 at 4:17 AM

PSEB Board 12th Result will Declare soon Check Punjab 12th Result

hello iletsfly December 7, 2016 at 4:24 AM

There are going to declared out CBSE 12th Result 2017 in the month of May, 2017. Download CBSE 12th Result 2017 once releases out.

12thresult December 8, 2016 at 4:32 AM

Nice details Check Rajasthan Board 12th Result 2017 from here after announcement.
The result of Bihar Board 12th Exam 2017 is going to be
declared in the month of May. for seeing the result directly, you can go for our trusted website to see the 12th board result 2017 .

Board Exams Result December 14, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Good information in regarding to TN SSLC Result 2017 delivered here. Check & Download TN 12th Result 2017 as uploads out.

riya sain January 9, 2017 at 2:49 AM

Here we get good details, you can getKerala SSLC Result 2017 details, when the Kerala SSLC Result 2017 will be released.

tanki online January 17, 2017 at 9:38 PM

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write.
Thanks for sharing !
tanki online 2 | game 2048 online

nikky January 23, 2017 at 11:52 PM

Also check your TS SSc Results 2017 at official website.

Aelogs LLP January 29, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Check Karnataka 2nd PUC Result publish and exams conduct by KSEEB Here at 2nd PUC Result
Central Board of Secondary Education Announce 10th results online here at CBSE 10th Result
Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu SSLC Result Publishing on SSLC Result

KSEEB Board Announce karnataka 10th results here at Karnataka SSLC Result
Kerala State Education Board declare Kerala 10th result 2017 online at Kerala SSLC Result

Tamil Nadu School Education Department publishing Tamil Nadu 10th Result online at Tamilnadu SSLC Result
Hero Indian Super League for all the latest from India's newest and most exciting football league on ISL 2017

Anonymous,  February 7, 2017 at 5:18 AM

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info High Trust Flow Dofollow Backlinks

Sumit Sharma February 9, 2017 at 4:06 AM

Here we get nice details about Rajasthan 10th Result 2017, check more details from Rajasthan 12th Board Result 2017, Here you can get all the details of Rajasthan 10th Result 2017 and also check out Rajasthan 12th Result 2017

Krystal Barnett February 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Now a customer can rate locations or companies which they might not ever before have actually looked into. buy 5 star facebook rating

hoa pikey February 13, 2017 at 2:15 AM

The share your really gives us excitement. Thanks for your sharing. If you feel tired at work or study try to participate in our games to bring the most exciting feeling. Thank you!
hotmail sign in | red ball game

Sumit Sharma February 13, 2017 at 4:18 AM

Here we get nice details about Rajasthan 10th Result 2017, Here you can get all the details of Rajasthan 10th Result 2017

Rahul Saini February 20, 2017 at 5:47 AM

Super website with a great sharing and amazing stories is ur web.. please keep doing what u do now.. thanks to you, It's a great sharing and really informative.. will keep following ur web. thanks to you and ur great website.
March 2017 Calendar Printable