DIY: Glam Makeup Brush

I'm really happy with this DIY project! I think a set of fabric-covered makeup brushes (in a little travel bag!) would make a really cute gift. And you could personalize the color scheme.
Supplies: small piece of fabric or paper, mod podge (matte or gloss), scissors, paintbrush, makeup brush
I used a $1 ELF makeup brush that I got at Target. I generally use the ELF studio line of brushes and love them. But I bought this cheapie specifically for this project and to have as a backup brush. But you will need at least a semi-inexpensive brush because the first step is to remove the brush head. This cheap one practically removed itself before I got it out of the package. ;)

1. Remove the brush head.
2. Spread a layer of Mod Podge on the handle.
3. Begin rolling your handle in the fabric or paper and cut to size.
*Tip: You can cut to size first and then Mod Podge or vice versa. Either way is fine.*
4. Mod Podge the fabric down to seal it - do a thick layer on the entire handle!
5. Trim the ends of your fabric off.
6. Cover the exposed end with a little piece of fabric.
7. Seal that wacky-looking piece off with a coordinating strip of fabric. Mod Podge it all down.
8. Let dry, add a bit of Mod Podge to the tip and put the head and handle back together.
Better than new! It actually gives a stronger hold.
Voila! I would love to do a whole set with a coordinating travel case.
Or better yet, someone else do the whole set and send it to me! Hehe.

eltocadordecenicienta February 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Looks lovely, I had that same brush from Elf and I´m gonna give it a try!Do you think it will work too whiht a napkin? Cause i have a perfect one ,all hearts and differents pinks.♥

Ashely Piers February 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM

This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.

EYE MAKEUP BRUSH SET.

mac make up February 14, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I like your creativity, the way you give a new look to the make up brush. This also needs talent.

lynaeve February 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This is awesome. I wish I had seen this before christmas. I nade a brush case for my cousin, but this would have been great with it.

Linda February 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

What a fabulous idea!! I am a Mod Podge tragic and I will definitely give it a go. I will use a serviette as once I have prepared it with the Mod Podge, it will be as sturdy as paper and easy to cut and shape. Thanks for sharing!

Georgia Stewart May 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

these are beautiful and wow you are so so very creative i love this and so am going to do it thanks for sharing i appreiciate it alot :)

Casey May 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

When you clean the brush of makeup does the water effect the hold of the fabric? I don't want to make these for my sister and the fabric come off the first time she washes them.

Katie (Lemon Jitters) June 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

@Casey, I haven't had any problems with the fabric holding! Mod Podge is really strong. But I also don't soak the handle in water, either.

Johney Duke April 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Keep it up!! You have done the nice job having provided the latest information.bubblegum casting reviews