DIY: Stamped Gift Wrap

Okay, so this idea is nothing new. But here's my take on making your own giftwrap.
As I said in an earlier post, I REALLY recommend that you go to the paint section of Home Depot or Lowe's and look for this painter's paper. I think it's called masking paper, maybe? Very inexpensive, comes in different sizes and is super handy.
Lighting, editing -ugh - you can see the difference in the shade of green in my images. I think the finished photos down below are a more accurate representation of the color of this paper (which also comes in kraft and sometimes a mauvey color).

Supplies: Ink pad, stamp, paper
Stamp in a random pattern - it won't matter when you wrap the gift. I LOVE this look. I was very happy with how my gift wrap turned out (hope you like it, Sis!). I added a kraft cutout that I added some depth to by inking the edges (gently tapping my ink pad against the edges).

Voila! Cheap and easy with a great end product.

The Petit Cadeau December 23, 2011 at 1:35 PM

This is GORGEOUS and I love the tree stamp! Ideas, ideas!

Kat December 29, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon December 30, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Can you give an approx price on that paper? I'd like to give a go but the nearest store to me is more than 30 min away so I really don't wanna make the trip and spend the gas if it's still too pricey for me...? Thanks, the idea is wonderful and the Paper you created is absolutely beautiful!! Very inspiring!

Sharon - buell33@gmail.com

Jen Storment January 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I did something similar last year, but I could not, for the life of me, get tape to stick to the paper. I purchased packaging paper from Home Depot (like what you'd wrap a box in that you were sending). Is that maybe different than what you used? My paper turned out so beautifully, but I just couldn't get it to stay shut without using packing taping. :(

Katie (Lemon Jitters) January 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Jen, this paper is different - much thinner. So regular tape worked fine. But I know the type you are talking about - I've always used masking or packing tape. But even masking isn't that great on it...

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple January 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Very pretty I love the trees and the twain. I'm pinning and I'm a new follower! you have a great blog here :)

Dianthusa February 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I just wanted you to know I have featured some of the pictures of this post and mentioned in my blog.

Here you can see it, I hope you like it!

Thanks for sharing wonderful ideas,