DIY: Gift Card Holder

Prepping for holiday giving!
1. Print & cut out this template that I created.
It would be most durable on cardstock if you plan to make a few of these.
2. Place template on cute paper & cut out. Position your template to show off the best design elements.
3. Look at the photos below for reference. Flip the paper over so you are looking at the blank side or what will be the inside. Begin at point #1 and fold up to #2, keeping the print on the outside.
4. Fold both flaps in, glue main piece down to those flaps.
You're done! I've had this done for awhile but I get behind in editing sometimes. When I noticed a couple of bloggers posting their versions of giftcard holders, I knew I had to hurry it up!
Check out this patterned giftcard packet holder & this other version.

Do you like the embossing on the pink one? Love embossing. Used my Cuttlebug to make that happen. This is the embossing plate I used.

ACC December 12, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Excellent project, thanks for providing a template! That pink paper is gorgeous!

acleanercloset.blogspot.com

Ana Laura December 12, 2011 at 9:25 AM

kisses from Monterrey México

Anonymous,  December 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

For some reason, my template is really big!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Do you think you could post a video tutorial on this?

Katie (Lemon Jitters) December 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up, anon! I'm looking into the size - it's showing up correctly on my end. Working on it!

Anonymous,  December 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

What are the dimensions of the template! That would probably help me a little bit!

Katie (Lemon Jitters) December 14, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I might have figured it out, anon. When I print mine, I have to select Scale to 100%. The automatic selection is Scale to Size, which scales it to the entire paper size. Maybe it's the same on your computer/printer?

Dimensions: 4 15/16in x 3.75 ...are thereabouts.

Katie (Lemon Jitters) December 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

*or ... oops! how's that working?

Anonymous,  December 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM

That was my problem! Thank you soo much!

Jamie @ Sew Rockin' December 21, 2011 at 10:57 PM

This project rocks! I just wanted to let you know that I featured it this week on "You Sew Rock Me Fridays" on my blog SewRockin.com. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://wp.me/p1VAkT-ie

Great job, I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Jamie

plasticcards January 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Excellent paper work,Its looking so aggressive and easy by way to making a simple card......
Gift Card Printing
Plastic cards

Gillian@phrizbie-design.com April 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM

This is very cute. For our clients who have giftcards, http://www.phrizbie-design.com/gift_certificate_design.html this would be a great cost saver & better eco-choice instead of ordering the matching envelopes!

GIFT TO INDIA 24x7 May 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Gifts to India. Direct gifts to India to 600 + cities. Sharing to Bharat - Express effort to all educatee cities and towns. Direct Pure Flowers, Cakes, Chocolates and galore much loveable Gifts to Bharat. Inheritance to Bharat 24x7.com has been serving Indians crosswise the concern to stick connecting emotionally with their pet ones by sending gifts to Bharat. Present to Bharat 24x7.com has served statesman than 8500 customers worldwide to verbalise their emotions to their nearest and innocent ones . If your screw friends and relatives and necessity to send gifts to India, use our services, we will be worthy, because we judge that we are into the byplay of delivering emotions not gifts. Bharat online shopping walkway for sending gifts, flowers, etc. Bharat online Gift Shop. We furnish a statewide. Send Rakhi to India in this Raksha bandhan. Read how to send rakhi to India.

London Florist May 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

It's a quite interesting post.

Plastic Card May 25, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Attractive templates...I think video tutorial is best.....
Scratch Card
Promotional Cards
print VIP cards

Plastic Card June 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Charming and attractive designs easy to applicable.....These type of designs are in expensive.....

Scratch Card
Plastic Card Holders
print VIP cards

Muhammad Atif June 7, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Plastic card
Plastic card
Hank Hendricks

Nueyer July 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Lovely choice of paper!! Here's my fabric card holder =)

Muhammad Atif July 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM

It would be most durable on cardstock if you plan to make a few of these, Send gifts to Pakistan from UK.

Anonymous,  July 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Perfect! Thank you!!! :)

Yaseen Abbas November 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Its a perfect match of plastic cards with these card holder. Looks cool especially its quality.

maria January 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Nice gift card holders. It's a wonderful idea to make gift cards.
pakgiftmarkaz
send-gifts-to-pakistan

online florist February 18, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I actually saw your web site after looking at an online site on annuity guys. I actually adore the lolmede on your internet site. Continue the good work! You really made my day!

nahida kiran March 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM

i like the uniqueness and creativity! Fantastic designs..
plastic business cards

pvahora.seo May 18, 2013 at 5:27 AM

but here i found something Different.
Rakhi to India

florist singapore May 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I just required commenting & say maintain the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and Ill be back to read more in the future my friend!

pvahora June 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Your title say many thing about Rakhi Festival. Rakhi to India
Rakhi Gifts to India

Anonymous,  December 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

bambitowne:
Hi. I was having a problem with mine printing out too small. I read through your comments and I tried using the 100% size, but it was still printing out small. I played around with the percentage and I ended up printing it out at 130% and it came out the right size. I don't know if anyone else is having the TOO SMALL problem, but if that's the case, then I agree with you. Just play around with the printing size and a ruler and you'll get the right size. Thank you for this post. It's a life saver. My hubby doesn't carry a wallet, but he carries all his cards in one of these. My son is making him one with duck dynasty duck tape for his dads birthday. Love it. Thank you.

Anonymous,  January 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I found this site because I wanted to know what kind of glue to use with glass and paper. Loved your tutorial on glue! Very helpful. Then I saw this tutorial. LOVE it. Just made my first one. Needed something "special" for my step-sons money holder. Thank you. Bonnie

Saboor AHMED KHAN February 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM

all above is a quality work.excellent project and thanks for sharing such a nice template.i also follow your tips and make like these card.www.alltimeprint.com

Anonymous,  March 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Very easy to make fast! Thanks!

Emily Andrew April 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM

These cards designs and their printing are attractive and stylish; we can use these ideas for the better development of business. We can use different types of designing methods which are beneficial.

Anonymous,  October 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Really enjoyed this project.

get rid of cellulite December 6, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hi this an interesting article. You have described very well. Really descriptive post you have shared with us.
douchevloer