DIY: Fabric Ornament
I love crafty projects. And the holidays provide numerous opportunities to get crafty.
That is one of my favorite aspects of holidays! Packaging and crafts.
Click 'read more' to see the full tutorial and finished product.
You will need some type of smooth ornament. I used a glass sphere from the craft store.
Fabric (thinner is definitely better)
1. Remove ornament cap.
2. Coat one side of the ornament with Mod Podge and firmly smooth the fabric over the adhesive.
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Begin folding the edges back and cutting down as you go (Yes, you will have a 'back' where the edges fold down- however, that unfinished look can be greatly reduced if you use a thinner fabric. My pink floral ornament looks much smoother on the back because of the lightweight material.)
5. Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge as you firmly press the edges down.
6. Cut the fabric at the top very close to the edge - it doesn't have to be pretty.
7. Place the ornament cap back on, covering up the rough edges at the top.
Now you can sit back and admire your very customized Christmas tree.
What I love about this project is how specific you can get with the fabric and have a very unique theme for your tree. If you make any, show me some pics!